SUCCESSION PLANNING ASSESSMENT
To start your evaluation, here are 7 questions to answer.
* What is the secret to effective succession planning and transitioning at your firm?
* What criteria are used to select successors?
* Are those criteria transparent to all levels of the firm/organization?
* In what ways do you involve the client in practice leader or client group succession planning?
* To what extent do you consider generational difference factors when choosing the next firm or client group leaders? To what extent do you consider personal behavioral style factors?
* How do you go about considering the younger generations' views on future leadership needs?
* What have been your biggest challenges about succession planning and transitioning?
In our work we've found that firm/organizations are missing significant issues by failing to address these questions.
Phyllis Weiss Haserot www.pdcounsel.com